Source : Chezannies.blogspot.com
Cake batter ingredients:
180 g butter
170 g castor sugar
20 g cocoa powder (sifted)
120 g self-raising flour (all purpose flour plus 1 ½ tsp baking powder and ½ tsp salt)
1 tsp. baking powder
Cream Cheese layer ingredients:
250 g cream cheese
60 g castor sugar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
(Note: original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of water but I totally left it out because I found the cream cheese batter to be too watery. It may be because my eggs are extra large but if you find that your consistency is too thick, add just enough water to have a flowing consistency.)
1. Cream the butter and sugar till creamy.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Fold in dry ingredients (cocoa powder, flour and baking powder) and mix thoroughly.
4. Divide mixture into half.
5. For cream cheese layer: mix all the ingredients together and beat well.
6. Pour half of the cake batter into a 7" round or square tin then pour cream cheese mixture on top.
7. Lastly, pour the remainder of the cake batter on top of the cream cheese mixture. If you like, you can swirl with a chopstick to get a marble effect or just leave it as it is. This part is a little tricky, the cake batter is very little and the marble layer is thick. It doesn’t matter if you find pockets of white cream cheese layer that isn’t covered by the top layer thoroughly—just do you best to cover it as well as you can.
8. Bake at 350 F (160 C) for about 60 mins. or till skewer comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven and leave it to cool completely before slicing